Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One year ago today....

Some say I 'm crazy, some say I 'm weird, creepy, delusional, obsessed, and some call me a wanna be stalker, but that does not stop my love for the late Patrick Swayze! One year ago today he past away from an evil evil monster known as pancreatic cancer. He was 56 years old.
I call him my celebrity soul mate. He loved all the same things I loved. Plus he was the most handsome, sexy, caring, inspirational, outgoing, interesting, talented and free spirited man on earth. My heart has a small hole in it now that he is gone.


I still have troubles watching Dirty Dancing, which I know the whole movie by heart.
I started watching Dirty Dancing probably when I was about 5. I can't even count how many times Patrick and I have shared that 1 hour and 40 minutes together. I still get butterflies in my stomach the moment he walks into Kellerman's and speaks the famous words to his love "No Body puts baby in the corner!"

My all time favorite quote of the movie is:
"Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."



I truly feel that way about my husband- whom which I may remind you if you haven't noticed yet looks a lot like Johnny Castle (Patrick), he refuses to see it! Ever since I was a young girl I have always based my future husband by Patrick Swayze ways. I got what I wanted!
Check out the comparison... come on.. you can't tell me they don't look alike!!!



Here are just a few of my Favorite pics of Patrick....


2 comments:

  1. I love me some Partick Swayze too!!!!
    My favorite movie growing up was Dirty Dancing by far. Now that I'm older and watch that movie, I was like what the hell were my parents thinking me letting me watch that .
    Well I did learn some damn good dance moves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- I was wondering the same thing... SERIOUSLY- I would not let my child watch that movie until they were like 18!!!

    ReplyDelete